Thursday 4 April 2013

9. Day 4 Wakey Wakey - Zeehan - Strahan - Burnie

Day 4 is here, Tuesday... wakey wakey up and at 'em!  Well it was sure good to head off... even though it was a bit cloudy...   but managed to get away from Zeehan at around 10am (yawn).....  and headed back to Strahan - just to say I'd been there! 

Once we got to the village... we motored on around to where the train station is... I think that's where the train heads off on a half day sight see... no time for that this time round though....


A view back over the township was pretty okay.....


And back in town.... a view of some of the accommodation up on the hill as well....



There were a few boats and things parked up and lots of tours to be taken too....


Speaking of tours... there was this mighty bike.... woo hoo...... wow!   What a beauty!



Yep, yep, yep.... I'd sure like one of these......


Ole Al does the bike tours to any where and everywhere at a mighty reasonable price too!  He was really chuffed to meet me!  And I was chuffed to meet him too!



After dreaming about bikes.... I headed up the hill and found a mini shopping centre....



Then a swing by, past the Golf Club.... 

 
 
Well, come lunch time it was time to head back through Zeehan.... it was getting very cloudy... and started to rain.....
 
Back along the coastal road... a lovely pic of me I thought!  I look a bit like a news reader eh!
 



I rocked up into Rosebery... a small community township... and yep, that cloudy stuff is sure low eh....


A lot of wet roads.... and another view.... of the hills that you can't see!  Hee hee....


 
Time to move on... and before getting to Waratah... we came across a turn off to Murchison Dam....  at least for the record... I can say I got to visit a dam....
 
 

 
It was a pretty awesome sight....
 
 
And it was a long way down....
 
 
We were surrounded by big mountains too....
 
There was another sneaky peek view of another mountain....
 
 
 
There were lots of winding roads.... but the road wasn't too busy.....
And so on to Waratah.... a bit off the main drag... but worth a visit.....  It is soooooo split in two with this river come valley thingee....
 

Ah yup... definitely in Waratah....


And so it was bye bye Waratah... and hello to Burnie.... well, between Somerset and Burnie.....
settling in for the night at Ocean View Motel.... supposedly at Burnie... about 10 minutes or so out.....


I was looking forward to my ocean view.....  but the cabin was way down the back....
Heeeeyyyy.... time to unpack!

So, my ocean view took me across the road to a sort of beach.... and a rail road line as well.....
I do miss the sun though.....


We took a burn into Burnie and found a supermarket and bought some salad and stuff, you know.. the healthy stuff.... then came back... had a bit of tv and off to beddy byes ready for my next day, Day 5.

So it's ni-nights from me and ni-nights to you... this is Stan the Man signing off on Day 4!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment